The Sports Academy Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: The Hemingford Sports Academy Community Interest Company
Address: The Pavilion, Manor Road, Hemingford Grey, Cambridgeshire, PE28 9BX
Phone Number: 01480 498114
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Date of birth
- Health information
- Payment details
- Parent details and signature (if under 19 for squash)
- Emergency contact details
- CCTV recordings
- Key fob time and date stamp
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have enquired about membership in the club
- You have completed a gym membership form
- You have completed a PAR-Q form
- You have completed a direct debit mandate form
- You have completed a squash membership form
- You have applied for a junior squash coaching
- You have completed an accident form
- You have registered with our booking system
We typically collect personal information about our members when you apply to become a member of the club, you complete a registration form or accident form, or when you purchase any services or products we offer, when you make a query and/or complaint, or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
If you are providing us with details of next of kin, beneficiaries, family members, and emergency contacts they have a right to know and to be aware of what personal information we hold about them, how we collect it, and how we use and may share that information.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- CCTV recordings. CCTV is in operation at the club for health and safety reasons as well as security of the club.
- The online contact form.
- Key fob access information is required for the security of the premises and the safety of members.
- The online booking system, Skedda Pty Ltd
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a legitimate interest.
We have a legitimate interest in retaining records whilst they may be required in relation to complaints or claims. We need to retain records in order to properly administer and manage your membership and run our club and in some cases, we may have legal or regulatory obligations to retain records.
What we do with the information we have
- To administer any membership you have with us and managing our relationship with you, including dealing with payments and any support, service, or product inquiries made by you.
- To send you other marketing information we think you might find useful or which you have requested from us, including our newsletters, information about membership and events.
- To answer your queries or complaints.
- To comply with health and safety requirements.
- To arrange for any trip or transportation to and from an event.
- To monitor gym usage and regulate numbers within the gym
- To administer your attendance at any courses or programs you sign up to.
- For the purposes of promoting the club, our events, and membership.
- To use information about your health to ensure your health and safety and to assess your fitness to participate in any events.
We use the information that you have given us in order to properly administer and manage your membership and run our club and in some cases we may have legal or regulatory obligations to retain records.
We will only share this information with members of the Sports Academy Team, the Hemingford Sports and Social club, and Bottomline Payment Services Ltd unless we are requested to share it with the police, law enforcement, and security services to help them with any investigation, prevention of crime or matter of national security.
How we store your information
Physical data is securely stored in a locked cabinet within the office at the club and can only be accessed by members of The Sports Academy team.
Electronic data is stored in dropbox which can only be accessed by members of The Sports Academy team using a password.
We keep the information provided from the membership form and PAR-Q for a period of 18 months after a member has terminated their membership, at which point your personal data with be securely disposed of.
CCTV records are held for no more than 14 days unless we need to preserve the records for the purpose of prevention and detection of crime
Information that may be relevant to personal injury or discrimination claims may be retained until the limitation period for those types of claims has expired.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example, if you change your phone number or email address.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113